Medical devices are critical to the modern healthcare industry. From surgical instruments to prosthetic joints, medical devices facilitate the diagnoses, treatment, and prevention of illness and injury. To ensure that they are safe and effective, medical devices—especially implants—must be composed of materials that cannot be broken down by the body’s natural processes. Due to their use in highly sensitive medical applications, medical devices and their parts and components must also be manufactured to the highest possible level of precision without contaminants or defects.
At Keats Manufacturing Company, we understand the medical industry’s need for accurate, easily sanitized devices and components. Our extensive experience in metal fabrication makes us uniquely suited to provide superior medical-grade metal products to the most rigorous standards. We offer comprehensive design and manufacturing services for a variety of medical products and applications.
What we do: Precision Metal Stamping, Wire Forming & Assembly
At Keats we specialize in complex, Precision Metal Stamping, Wire Forming & Assembly. We take a project from design to completion by developing and constructing the best tooling in the industry. We stand behind our tooling with a lifetime guarantee. We understand that quality parts come from quality tooling. Our state-of-the-art stamping press and four slide equipment allows us to deliver a consistently in-spec product from a controlled process 100% of the time.
Medical Device Applications
Due to their sensitive nature, medical devices must be manufactured to exceptionally high standards. At Keats Manufacturing, we are proud to offer a wide range of custom and stock medical device components for a variety of applications, including:
- Surgical devices and equipment
- Temperature probes
- Pump and motor components
- Implants and prosthetics
- Connectors, couplings, and fittings
- Equipment housings and sleeves
In addition to our standard catalog, we offer custom engineering and design services to help our customers conceptualize products with unique specifications.
Commonly Used Materials
Keats Manufacturing understands that different applications require different material properties. Our highly experienced team of engineers and specialists work closely with our customers to ensure that they have the best materials for their needs. We are well versed in the manufacture of high quality components in a wide range of materials, including:
- Stainless steel
Medical Device Manufacturing Secondary Services
For more than 60 years, Keats Manufacturing has been a prime manufacturer of stamped metal parts, wire forms, and assemblies. Beyond that, our extensive portfolio of secondary services for medical devices includes:
- Assembly. We offer custom assembly services for a variety of parts and components for numerous applications. Our highly automated in-line assembly capabilities allow us to efficiently produce superior quality medical devices from their constituent parts.
- Deburring. We perform deburring, which uses automated tools to reduce sharp edges and protruding material on the finished part. This ensures a smooth and flawless surface, which is particularly important for the sanitation of medical devices.
- Degreasing. Equally important for medical equipment is the process of degreasing, which uses hot water, steam, or chemical solvents to remove contaminants such as oil and grease from the surface of the component.
- E-coating. Electrocoating is an advanced process that uses electrical current to apply a protective coating to the surface of electrically conductive parts. It allows for a smooth, unblemished finish that is highly durable and resistant to corrosion.
- Plating. Plating is the process of applying a thin metal coating to the surface of a part to create a more durable and defect-free surface. This method is often used to apply hypoallergenic coatings to medical devices to create a safe and sanitary surface.
Why Choose Keats Manufacturing?
Since 1958, Keats Manufacturing Company has been a premier provider of quality fabrication solutions for industries around the world. Our state of the art facilities meet ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and TS 16949 standards, so you can be sure that you are getting exceptional products that meet or exceed industry standards for quality. Our facilities are capable of handling a wide range of production sizes, from small batches to high volumes up to 100,000 pieces, depending on the needs of your project.
Keats Manufacturing takes pride in offering exceptional precision and consistency through the use of CAD software, high-tech tooling equipment, and rigorous quality control processes. We ensure the utmost production efficiency through process analysis and optimization, so that we can offer the most competitive pricing on the market.
In addition to our experience with medical components, we offer fabrication services for numerous industries, including:
- Automotive components
- Aerospace equipment
- Communications assemblies
- Construction equipment
- Electrical components
- Military equipment
For more information on our manufacturing services for medical devices or any other industry, download our eBook, Design & Manufacturing of Precision Metal Stamped Medical Device Components, or contact Keats Manufacturing today!